Week Notes: 2
Posted Sep 6 2020
- Over the course of the bank holiday I moved my personal websites from my Raspberry Pi Kubernetes cluster to Netlify. I’m enjoying using GitHub actions and am pleased to have these running somewhere I don’t need to worry about them. All three projects (charlieegan3.com, photos, and music) are based around CronJobs running to keep data fresh. I’ve lost confidence in these running reliably on my home cluster and wasn’t really interested in building a solution when GitHub Actions is sitting there and I have a long list of more interesting & less ‘worky’ projects to be getting on with.
- I wrote a short post about an open source contribution to the OPA project I made a while back which allows the comparing of Semantic Versions in policies.
- This week our parent company Venafi announced that we’re not going to be required to return to an office before June 2021. Both Jetstack and Venafi have always been pretty remote friendly, but it was interesting and I think important to make the date clear. I’ve settled into my WFH life, but would likely do one day in the office given the chance.
- I continue to struggle with the new words on Codenames at netgames.io. The original wordlist seems to be reserved for codenames.game, which doesn’t appear to be as reliable.
- I bought, waited for and wore my new wetsuit for a swim session at the lido. Would recommend for fellow skinny people, very cosy.
- I met Lewis for a ride on Zwift. I made the mistake of thinking that the route would be ‘presumably undulating’… I almost missed a meeting.