Week Notes: 13
Posted Nov 22 2020
- In my pre-COVID life, I used to see a man named Will from Bedford every Thursday and Friday at precisely 12:00. Will makes a mean tempeh curry and recently opened up an online store to sell his tempeh online. I bought some and plan to start the process this coming week.
- I blasted through the 4th season of The Crown. I think I enjoyed the telling of the Fagan break-ins the most. Gillian Anderson as Thatcher was also great, her trip to Balmoral being particularly enjoyble. This is the first series I’ve watched all year, not sure if it’s unusual to avoid watching series altogether due to the sense of loss after one completes them?
- I received this rather alarming email from the Caledonian Sleeper (my ticket out of London for Christmas on the 16th). They had a play with me before telling me I wasn’t affected.
- Time had come to explore a different direction from London on the bike. Rather than the usual, we danced around without ever going to Hemel Hempstead. The Magic Roundabout can wait for another day! It was a solid route, but I prefer the quiet lanes of Surrey & Kent really. I miss having more cyclists around, even if it does feel a bit like Watopia.
- My linux-environment project warned me as some packages disappeared and needed updating to keep the build valid. I have the build process run on a schedule to make sure that the scripts (which reference a number of external packages and tools) are still valid.