Week Notes: 16
Posted Dec 13 2020
- I’ve been working my way through every single Spotify 2020 Unwrapped playlist I can get my headphones on! It’s exciting as it’s the one chance in the year to break the filter bubble Spotify puts one in - or at least get a highlight reel of someone else’s filter bubble.
- My fall recovery has dragged on into week two. I’m not sure if there’s a name for the frustration of not being able to exercise while wanting to exercise more than ever. I’ve been making up for it by watching cycling documentaries. Finally watched Stop at Nothing. I should have watched it years ago, Armstrong’s tour wins happened around the same time as our family cycling holidays in Ireland. 11 year old me had no idea. I also watched Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist.
- The company that bought our company was mostly bought by another company. We’re all still working out what this means for us! Something for the new year I guess.
- At work I’ve built this fun graph processing functionality for Kubernetes objects which I’m pretty happy with. It’s going to back a new dashboard in our SaaS product.
- Fed up of cycling my trainer in my underwear I went for a real bike ride - some hill reps on Highgate Hill. I felt pretty nervous going any speed at all downhill, and I didn’t even fall off on a hill.
- Getting my Good Club order with some reusable packaging felt like a bit of a breakthrough moment. Mum and Dad would be proud.