Week Notes: 7
Posted Oct 11 2020
- This week at work I completed something I’ve been working on for a while. I work on Preflight which alerts users to things in need of their attention in their Kubernetes environments. The new feature allows users to ignore certain alerts. I learnt things about Postgres, databases in Go and Redux in the process.
- I’ve worked a lot less on my linux-environment project this week. Though I’ve been enjoying using the dark mode feature I added a lot. I’ve archived the older repos, this is now the single place for my linux configuration - iPad, desktop, and soon, laptop too.
- I have to move out of my house 🏡 this month. I’ve signed a new agreement for a basement flat in Dartmouth park. The agreement was the least accessible I’ve signed, it used the following words I’ve almost certainly never spoken: aforesaid, deleterious, thereon, gramophone & hereunder. The final clause in my amendment read:
Thankfully I had a lawyer friend to help me decipher it.
- I cycled out to Box Hill in Surrey. Could have done with some warmer clothes. I realised as I pushed the start button on my Garmin on Saturday morning that I’ve been out only twice this week, once on Thursday night to take the bin out and once on Friday to visit coop. Running injuries are a bore.
- I have been playing some more Warzone this week. While we had our first duo win, my most memorable moment was cowering in a bush thinking I was so stealthy only to have the guy double back and find me - still cowering in the same bush. I was wrong to avoid battle royale games after being incredibly underwhelmed by fortnight. Warzone is some of the most varied fun I’ve had playing games in well over a year.
- Remember that swim cap I bought? Tried it out today. Turns out that the vasoconstriction in my face takes about two lengths to complete. Once that’s happened, I’m able to swim mostly normally - other than the outfit.