Week Notes: 9
Posted Oct 25 2020
- I finished the deployment of this new pub/sub feature. This feature allows us to our data processing for Preflight out of the request/response cycle and to control the rate of which we evaluate data. I found pub/sub to be a pretty simple API to build against.
- Zero side project progress to report on this week. I have been overwhelmed by the process of moving out and moving into a new flat all on my own. I know that I want to be on my own and feel very settled in already but a combination of being ripped off by some crappy cleaners and a failed gas meter account move has me pretty tired of all the chores. I thankfully had a friend help with the moving day itself, which was a lot of fun.
- So far out of the windows of the new flat I have seen:
- Three people stop to take photos of my landlord’s roses.
- Someone fiddle for 5 minutes to unlock a jump bike I’d parked earlier.
- Another Jump bike I’d reported as broken disappear.
- Two parakeets
- A lovely spider’s web
- I went for a single run during which my ankle felt much better than before… It was lovely to be able to get out onto the Heath so quickly from the new flat. Also managed to get out for a decent ride that was long enough to feel like a training session but short enough to mean I didn’t need to have a nap afterwards! Sadly no time for a swim this weekend…
- Been a bit of a quieter gaming week as I’ve been using a 4G connection since moving to a new flat (which worked much better than expected for gaming). We also had some fun playing Halo 3 - which is now 13 years old! 👴