Week Notes: 18
Posted Dec 27 2020
- Still at home with my parents and Alfie the dog for Christmas. Here is a photo of the Cromarty Firth, looking Northwest towards Dingwall taken from the Black Isle.
- I’ve been cooking. Highlights so far probably this cassoulet, and a Paneer Butter Masala from Fresh India.
- I haven’t really been able to cycle because of the ice and snow. I’ve also had a sore knee and so have been off running too. Fairly typical Christmas break in that regard where I plan to do much more exercise than really happens - for one reason and another.
- I have however made some progress on my beancount importer which I’ve unimaginatively called ‘accountant’. I have my current account and credit card imported with the payments between the two matched up. It’s been pretty satisfying to get a picture of my expenses over the two accounts. I’ve now moved on to importing my Stocks and Shares ISA. I need to do average cost booking of funds in there, and average cost booking is sadly a bit of a faff in beancount. Since my
.beancount files are generated by accountant, I’m less worried about using the stock splitting method it describes as unsatisfactory. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe this is the method that’s expected for CGT reporting in the UK based on this help page.
- It’s been positively thrilling to use my camera (Fujifilm x100F) to take photos rather than as a webcam. I’ve been experiementing with the raw .RAF files and have been pleasantly surprised by the support for these in iOS and various apps. I’ve signed up for a Lightroom trial which I will likely (sadly 😞) cancel after my holiday is over. You can find my December photos here. This is a photo of Alfie being a good boy.